Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Book Review: Great American Humor

What a fun little book! Great American Humor provides 1000 funny jokes, clever one-liners, and witty sayings. It makes a perfect companion for brief intervals of reading opportunity. I took this book along to read while waiting for my sons at their dentist appointments. I had to stifle quite a few chuckles and pass the book to one son or the other on a variety of occasions. Here are a few of my favorites:

"Never say 'oops' in the operating room." - Leo Troy
"Don't ever send a man window-shopping. He'll come back carrying a window." - Diana Jordan
"Misers are no fun to live with, but they make great ancestors." - Tom Snyder
"All those who believe in telekinesis, raise my hand." - Emo Philips
"Retirement: twice as much husband for half as much money." - Bette Midler
"I went to the missing person's bureau. No one was there." - George Carlin

Speaking of the missing person's bureau. Fun fact: I worked at The Salvation Army Central Territory's Missing Person's Bureau one summer during my college years. Every time an individual was found, we rang a bell that pealed through the building. It was very interesting and rewarding work.

No comments: