Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Book Review: My Emily

It was the cover of this e-book which drew me in. I loved the poignant photos of this little girl with Down's Syndrome. I don't think I realized it would be about a battle with leukemia (something which hits close to home because my own niece, Amelia, battled ALL - acute lymphoid leukemia - and is now a survivor for over 5 years). I don't think I realized it would be so sad.

Matt Patterson's beautiful first-born daughter was diagnosed with Down's Syndrome at birth. If that wasn't enough of an obstacle, she developed ALL around the age of two (same age Amelia was diagnosed). Although they were able to get Emily to remission, within a short amount of time the cancer returned. It is a quick read and a beautiful story of a father's love for his daughter and his journey through the dark days of a battle with cancer.

No comments: